Many visitors and locals are familiar with the phrase “farm to table,” mainly because Catskill farms are the source of many farmers markets’ delicious treats. When vacationing at Albergo Allegria, there’s no need to ask, “Are there any farm tours near me?” Family-operated business in Upstate, NY, Table to Farm, lets guests see the farm magic themselves! A knowledgeable guide takes a group of 15 guests on a private tour around the breathtaking mountains and stops at several Catskill farms. Start planning your tour of the Catskill farms by reading about Table to Farm’s experience below.
A Tour of the Catskills: Table to Farm Tours’ Options
Come prepared to eat since you’ll sample food along the way and enjoy a locally-sourced meal at the end. If you’re not sure which tour to take, browse some options below!
- Catskills Winter Farm Tour: Available Winter Saturdays. Catskills Winter Farm Tour guests will visit a waterfall, the farm to table cafe, cider tasting room, maple syrup farm, and creamery.
- Kimchee, Cheese, and Spirits Tour: Available Winter Saturdays. Kimchee, Cheese, and Spirits Tour guests will explore local farms and taste their products.
- October, Celebrating Cider: Available in October. This tour shows guests the process of making hard cider, from tree to press to mouth.
- Weekend Kickoff Farm Tour: Available in Spring, Summer, and Fall Fridays. Weekend Kickoff Farm Tour guests will see a maple sugar shack, taste cheese, pet goats, and tour a distillery.
- Sweet and Savory Schoharie: Available in Spring, Summer, and Fall Fridays. Sweet and Savory Schoharie guests will visit a vegetable farm in the Schoharie Valley and meet the farm’s livestock.
- Delicious Delaware County: Available in Spring, Summer, and Fall Sundays. Delicious Delaware County guests will tour agricultural lands in Delaware County, including a vegetable farm and meeting the farm’s livestock.
Whether Catskill farms are making cheese, hard cider, or maple syrup, our local farmers are committed to keeping family meals fresh and fun. Table to Farm Tours is the perfect gift idea for foodies, budding culinary students, your special valentine, or even just because! Take the first step in planning your Catskill farms tour by booking your room at Albergo Allegria. To learn more information, visit our website or talk to our staff at 518-734-5560.